Industrial Placement Procurement
Leonardo – Ingenuity at your service
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo’s Industrial Placement Programme offers you a paid opportunity to develop your current skillset in an innovative and practical environment that can lead to a place on our award winning Graduate Development programme.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- Our technology defines the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon
- Our products help to return service men and women safely home to their families
- Our surveillance radar helps coastguards to save lives of people lost at sea
- Our thermal camera has commercial uses such as on the BBC’s Winter Watch
- Our perimeter security offered protection during the Commonwealth Games
The 6 month – 1 year Industrial Placement Graduate Programme
We have created a programme across our UK sites, that not only increase your technical skills but gives you the opportunity to work on meaningful real life projects alongside experienced engineers and graduates across our business. You will receive coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and work in multidisciplinary teams to gain as much experience across the product lifecycle from your time in industry, as possible. Our ultimate aim is to see you through your undergrad years and hopefully offer you a place on our 2 year Graduate Development programme at an appropriate time.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
The key competencies we look for and develop are:
- Achieving High Performance
- Continuously Improving
- Customer Focus
- Working Together
- Personal: Self Awareness & Confidence
- Technical: Analysis, Judgement & Problem Solving
- The Industrial Placement programme offers the perfect springboard to a successful and enjoyable future career with Leonardo.
Industrial Placement Procurement Job Description
The role will be within the Procurement Department supporting both Integrated Project Teams (IPTs) and functional Procurement activities to develop the department for the future. The role will introduce the individual to the Procurement principles and develop them further in understanding more complex procurement practices, with many opportunities to practically contribute to the delivery of the business.
- By the end of your industrial placement you will be able to: -
- Performs routine Procurement assignments
- Draft and prepares routine contracts/ purchase orders, other agreements
- Solve Supply Chain problems which arise
- Focus on achieving value for the business (Time, Cost and Quality)
- Liaises with suppliers and provide supply chain updates to the project team.
- Provides input to IPT projects to answer questions concerning supply chain matters.
- Identify areas of potential risk/ opportunity and develop solutions to mitigate risks and realise opportunities.
You must be able to obtain BPSS and SC security clearance (if necessary) and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK. The role requires access to UK Caveated information; therefore the candidate will require sole or dual UK nationality.
You must be Studying a relevant subject to degree level (e.g. Business, Law, Economics) and be expecting to achieve a minimum of 2:1.
- Good communicator
- Problem solver
- Ability to work using their initiative
- Ability to work as a team and lead when required
- Attention to detail
- An ability to develop business acumen and commercial judgement/awareness.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, requires common courtesy and tact.
- Literate on Microsoft Office, e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to draft standard letters and responses.
- An understanding of their limitations i.e. when the role holder needs to ask for assistance.
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo value their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Accommodation Allowance (£400 p/m for 6 months)
- Free/subsidised gym membership
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- What are you waiting for?
- You’ll be made to feel welcome from day one and will have the opportunity to mix with our current graduate cohort and find out the diverse career options you can pursue at Leonardo.
- A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered! So APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!