Graduate Project Assurance
Leonardo – Ingenuity at your service
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- Our technology defines the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon
- Our products help to return service men and women safely home to their families
- Our surveillance radar helps coastguards to save lives of people lost at sea
- Our thermal camera has commercial uses such as on the BBC’s Winter Watch
- Our perimeter security offered protection during the Commonwealth Games
- Our Airborne Infra-Red Counter Measures, Radar and Laser Designators are number 1 outside of the US
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that not only increases your professional skills through hands on experience on some of our largest projects, but also helps to develop your leadership and business skills. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals, whilst working towards accreditation within your chosen profession.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Our key competencies we look for and develop are:
- Achieving High Performance
- Continuously Improving
- Customer Focus
- Working Together
- Personal: Self Awareness & Confidence
- Technical: Analysis, Judgement & Problem Solving
The graduate programme offers the perfect springboard to a successful and enjoyable future career with Leonardo.
Graduate Project Assurance Job Description
To provide Assurance support throughout all phases of the Product Lifecycle from initial concept through to Design, Development, manufacture (Internal and External) including Assembly Integration and Test.
- Ensure all customer requirements are satisfied by means of effective advanced quality planning and pro-active assurance engagement
- Ensure product and process verification and validation are completed
- Influence design quality by applying pro-active design assurance activities
- Management of all project non-conformances to a resolution
- Manage internal and customer FAV, FCA / PCA reviews and all formal customer communications
- Ensure all supplier issues and developments are managed to a conclusion
- Manage product release and build standard reconciliation
- Ensure Project improvement opportunities are managed to a conclusion
- Manage quality assurance aspects of LRI / System Qualification programmes
- Undertake and manage to a conclusion all product and project internal audits
Must have obtained or are predicted to obtain a minimum of an upper second class honours degree in a relevant discipline (including physics, mathematics, electronic engineering, systems engineering, avionics, and computer science for our technical engineering roles).
You must be able to obtain SC security clearance (if necessary) and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK. The role requires access to UK Caveated information; therefore the candidate will require sole or dual UK nationality.
- Familiar with engineering project disciplines within the Defence Electronic Design and Manufacturing industry
- Familiar with advanced quality planning, Quality Tools and Techniques i.e. Lean, 5S, Root cause analysis, DMAIC
- Proactive Management of Non Conformance
- Ability to undertake Assurance within
- Must be a team player and be able to work with and influence others
What can I expect from my working environment?
This is an office based role using display screen equipment and working full time hours, which can often be in a demanding environment. As part of this role you may be expected to travel in the UK and possibly abroad, including overnight stay as part of this travel. Working to tight deadlines either on a regular or ad hoc basis will be required.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo value their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- £26,000 starting salary
- £2,000 welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (£400 p/m for 6 months)
- Free/subsidised gym membership
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and financial support whilst working towards professional accreditation
- 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered! So APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!