Graduate Business Development Programme
Leonardo – Ingenuity at your service
Do you want to work on real-time projects alongside leading scientists and engineers within a globally renowned company?
Leonardo has an award winning Graduate Programme that develops promising young graduates into engineers and business professionals of the future.
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
- Our technology defines the capability of the Eurofighter Typhoon
- Our products help to return service men and women safely home to their families
- Our surveillance radar helps coastguards to save lives of people lost at sea
- Our thermal camera has commercial uses such as on the BBC’s Winter Watch
- Our perimeter security offered protection during the Commonwealth Games
- Our Airborne Infra-Red Counter Measures, Radar and Laser Designators are number 1 outside of the US
Our 2 year Graduate Programme
On joining the Leonardo graduate programme, you will unlock a wealth of development opportunities and further learning. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and accreditation from your professional body.
We have created a programme across our UK sites that not only increases your professional skills through hands on experience on some of our largest projects, but also helps to develop your leadership and business skills. You will receive mentoring, coaching and support to achieve your personal goals, whilst working towards accreditation within your chosen profession.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
Our key competencies we look for and develop are:
- Achieving High Performance
- Continuously Improving
- Customer Focus
- Working Together
- Personal: Self Awareness & Confidence
- Technical: Analysis, Judgement & Problem Solving
The graduate programme offers the perfect springboard to a successful and enjoyable future career with Leonardo.
Graduate Business Development Job Description
To develop business opportunities and deliver revenue grow in the areas of integrated operational support and value adding services within the S3 UK Major Customers Value Stream.
To build effective relationships with key customers such as BAE Systems, SAAB, Boeing and emerging major customers in the commercial sector.
To contribute to the effective planning and management of business development and campaign activities.
To provide teamwork, motivation and influence to our integrated project and campaign teams to develop service solutions that meet customer requirements and affordability.
To help expand our service portfolio into new markets.
- Identifying and creating new opportunities within the S3 Service portfolio
- Integrating new support and service solutions into our value proposition.
- Building robust long term business relationships
- Accountable for the capture of the IBP order intake commitments
- Providing campaign support, motivation and influence to our bid teams utilising technical, programme & commercial know how to deliver a unique winning solution.
- Building a reputation with the Customer for innovative solutionising & problem solving
- Contribute to the Integrated Business Planning activities
- Must have obtained or are predicted to obtain a minimum of an upper second class honours degree.
- You must be able to obtain SC security clearance (if necessary) and have a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
- Ability to quickly develop collaborative relationships with customers, partners, suppliers and competitors
- Knowledge & know how, capability in reputation & relationship building, to maximise market penetration & key partner status.
- Skills and ability to drive and differentiate S3 UK as a service solution provider of choice.
- Operating in a team environment, be confident of building robust lasting relationships with key influencers & enablers.
- An ability to transfer the skills and capabilities into adjacent markets, developing new Customer relationships
- Ability to work within, motivate and influence campaign and project teams
- Ability to innovate in a business environment, translating new ideas and service solutions into value adding financial performance.
- The ability to listen, understand and clearly articulate the Customer problem space.
- The ability to influence and contribute to the development of value adding service solutions.
- The ability to build credible business relationships.
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may also travel abroad.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo value their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- £26,000 starting salary
- £2,000 welcome bonus
- Accommodation Allowance (£400 p/m for 6 months)
- Free/subsidised gym membership
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Mentoring and financial support whilst working towards professional accreditation
- 3 performance related pay reviews within the 2 years
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered! So APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!