Industrial Placement Software Engineer
This is an opportunity to gain experience with working with and a highly skilled software engineering team at the Basildon site. We are experts in the design and implementation of:
- Real-time embedded software code
- Graphical User Interfaces (GUI)
- Image and Signal Processing Algorithm Implementation
- Auto-generation of Software code from models
- In this role you will gain experience of designing high performance software code within challenging timescales across a full range of potential hardware platforms, from internally developed hardware through to Android devices.
You will work as part of a cross-discipline team to deliver a project. You will be given responsibility for your own work, and your own development. The role will include a combination of tasks, dependant on the specific project placement. There will be opportunities to develop expertise in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from developing models through to acceptance testing. You will also gain exposure to other engineering disciplines and business areas.
You will be progressing a Degree education in either a computing, mathematical, engineering or science related subject. You must be able to satisfy the necessary security clearance for the role applied for and meet a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK.
Knowledge of software and/or applications such as:
- Designing software solutions using models / design tools
- Developing software code in a high level language
- Signal Processing or Image processing
- Communication and network protocols
- Programming languages e.g. C/C++/Java /Python
- An engineering and technology enthusiast
- A talented problem solver with an analytical approach
- A self-starter who gets things done
- A collaborator with good communications skills
Leonardo is an international leader in electronic and information technologies for defence systems, aerospace, data, infrastructures, land security and protection and sustainable ’smart’ solutions. We are globally renowned and are continually expanding, offering exciting opportunities to talented graduates who want to work at the forefront of our technology. With the majority of our engineers having chartered status, you can look forward to working with highly skilled professionals that are passionate about their work.
The 6 month – 1 year Industrial Placement Graduate Programme
We have created a programme across our UK sites that not only increase your technical skills but give you the opportunity to work on meaningful real life projects alongside experienced engineers and graduates across our business. You will receive coaching and support to achieve your personal goals and work in multidisciplinary teams to gain as much experience across the product lifecycle from your time in industry, as possible. Our ultimate aim is to see you through your undergrad years and hopefully offer you a place on our 2 year Graduate Development programme at an appropriate time.
We value those who continuously ask questions and look to resolve problems through creative and innovative thinking. We will demand a high degree of customer focus and work performance from you in order to meet our operational challenges.
What’s in it for me?
Leonardo values their people and we reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive salary & Accommodation Allowance (subject to eligibility)
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare
What are you waiting for?
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. Roles will be closed as soon as they are offered!
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!