Technology and Innovation Scheme
At Liberty Global, our international graduate schemes are tailormade to fast track your career in a dynamic, energetic and unique environment at the world’s largest TV and broadband company.
Technology and Innovation are at the heart of our telecommunications business. Our dedicated graduate scheme will give you the opportunity to develop your core functional and technical skills in the area as well as cultivating your future leadership credentials.
Our Technology and Innovation division is committed to delivering transformational products and services that will help improve the digital lives of our customers.
We offer a two-year graduate scheme that will engage you in a range of inspirational opportunities across the company. It has been designed to accelerate your career progression through end-to-end exposure across the organisation.
The role features four six-month rotations across departments where you can experience the different facets of our finely-tuned operation, while gaining a wider understanding of the business and contributing towards our unrivalled success.
As part of our carefully structured graduate scheme, you will gain detailed engineering skills and a deep understanding of a wide range of business areas covering TV, broadband, mobile and fixed voice communications. And, working with our operating company Virgin Media, there may even be an opportunity to be involved in Project Lightning – which is currently revolutionising the UK’s digital infrastructure with the country’s fastest available broadband speed!
Our visionary scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Product Development
- Delivery and Project Management
- Technology Architecture and Testing
- Access Network & Operation
- Core Network & Operations
- Mobile Network & Operations
- Supply Chain
- Capital and Performance Management
- Video Engineering
- Capacity Planning
- Customer Equipment
At Liberty Global, we will give you a rock-solid grounding in the business that will bolster your career for years to come, as well as the opportunity to collaborate with like-minded colleagues across Europe and even visit some different countries too.
Our graduates should be willing to travel and relocate according to the demands of the business as you could be based in Reading or Birmingham in the UK or Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
And, as well as the first-hand experience and on-the-job training that our placements provide, we’re also committed to caring for your continued career development. So we’ll help you achieve professional registration with IEng to become a chartered engineer if desired.
- Essentially, you should have a 2.1 (or equivalent) or above degree in any discipline – we’re looking for individuals above specific qualifications, although a STEM based degree such as Engineering, Computing or Science would be useful.
- We want graduates who are curious and creative free-thinkers, with the confidence to share their thoughts and even challenge the ways we work. Our successful candidates should be natural leaders who are capable of collaborating with others and coming up with ideas that will inspire and influence our senior leaders.
- Ultimately, you’ll be shaping the future of our business as well as your leadership career. The qualities we are seeking from our next generation of leaders are:
- Co-creators who can develop and execute strategies
- Entrepreneurs that are relentless in their drive for results
- Innovators who strive to meet our customers’ future needs
- Inspirational leaders with outstanding communication, organisational and analytical skills
If you are interested in making your mark at an amazing place to realise your ambition, please visit our website why not apply now!
Deadlines may need to be brought forward due to the popularity of these programmes. We would encourage you to apply as soon as possible.