Trainee Assistant Supply Chain Manager
Are you looking to start your carrier in Supply Chain?
Our regional Supply Chain Departments are looking for a proactive and self-motivated Trainee Assistant Manager to join their growing team. We want to make sure you have all the training you need so we will start by sending you on an intensive structured nine month training programme where you will experience our Regional Distribution Centres, our stores and Head Office.
Once the training is complete, depending on business requirements and your demonstrated ability you will be either working temporary alongside our Head Office Project Team to support the national roll out of a brand new SAP business system or directly be joining one of the regional supply chain teams. Either way you will get a chance to make your mark on the business immediately in a varied and responsible role.
For the training and your permanent role you could be based at any of our 10 sites in the UK so you would need to be fully flexible on location and a willingness to travel is essential.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic person who is highly organised with a pragmatic approach to management looking to kick start a career within supply chain. We are offering excellent long term career prospects with the opportunity to become a future leader in this field.
What can you expect?
- Monitoring and supporting store orders
- Ordering goods from a pan European network of suppliers
- KPI and product analysis
- Managing overstock and remaining volume
- Communicating with suppliers
- Developing new processes and tools
- Communicating with all HO operations departments
- Email management
- Adhoc admin tasks
What are we looking for?
- At least a 2:1 in any discipline although a degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics is preferred.
- Flexibility to go where you are needed most
- Driving licence
- An excellent level of both written and spoken English
- Excellent IT skills with advanced MS Office, Excel and Word
- Highly analytical, solution focussed with a structured work ethic
- Target driven and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Assertive with a committed and dedicated approach to projects
- Experience within Supply Chain or Buying would be advantageous
- German language is desirable but not essential
What will we offer you?
- £32,000 per annum (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting benefit (non-contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 30 days holiday per annum (including Bank Holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Brilliant opportunities to take on more responsibility and long term career prospects
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!