Start your career and play a part in our national transformation
First things first
Would you like to earn, learn and lay the foundations for a successful career at the UK’s largest digital bank – all before you finish university? A Lloyds Banking Group internship is a great opportunity for you to explore your interests, discover new ones and make an impact with our 30 million customers, all while getting paid. So what are you waiting for?
Why this programme?
Our Finance teams are at the heart of our mission to become the bank of the future. They make decisions on new technologies, new ways of working and new goals to change the way we help 30 million customers across the UK. And you could join them this summer to learn from the best and build skills for your future.
How will this internship help shape your career?
Over a 10-week paid internship, you’ll work on national projects with knowledgeable and supportive teams, develop skills that will build the foundations of your career and take part in volunteering initiatives that give back to communities. If you can connect numbers in a way that others can’t, want to see your work make a difference on a national scale and are eager to start your career with an industry leader, you can make a big impact with us.
Day to day you could be:
- Helping to review business decisions across the group – from finance to business improvement, you’ll have a say in how we work day to day
- Learning about our businesses to ensure the provision of high quality financial advice, insight and advice
- Assisting with core finance activities including forecasting, reporting, profitability modelling and business case development
- Using new technology, models and data to improve the quality of insight from the Finance division
- Building strong and lasting relationships with colleagues across all levels of the business
- Analysing the banking industry to understand the impact, risk and opportunity for Lloyds Banking Group
- Actively play a part in our journey to become the bank of the future
What’s in it for you?
We’ll support your development and help you to prepare for the future world of work from day one. You’ll learn how to network across a national organisation, use next-generation technology and join volunteering initiatives – as well as receive training from experienced business leaders who will inspire you to develop as a person and a professional.
Placements could be based in a number of locations around the UK, and we also offer a Scotland internship programme based solely in Edinburgh.
Why choose Lloyds Banking Group?
Just because we’re 320-years old, it doesn’t mean we’re old-fashioned. As the largest digital bank in the UK we’re dedicated to helping Britain prosper. Our focus is to become the bank of the future, and with over 12 million online and eight million mobile users, we’re constantly exploring how to bring new digital services to our customers.
What do you need to join us?
If you’re in your penultimate year of study, in any discipline from any university, we want to hear from you. The variety and experiences of our colleagues makes our workplace unique, so we encourage people from every kind of background to apply. It’s important for us, and it shows. Recently, we were named a Times Top 50 Employer For Women, the Best Bank in the World for Diversity and Inclusion and a Times Top 100 Graduate Employer.
Join us and make an impact in your own way.
Find out more and apply for either our Finance or Finance Scotland internship programme now
Discover careers with real impact