Systems Engineer - Intern
Description of Business Environment
The job entails working within Military Solutions, primarily on enhancements to the Merlin Mk2, in the provision of support to engineering effort within the Technical Directorate.
The Systems Engineering Industrial Trainee will be a member of the Engineering team for Lockheed Martin, working closely with experienced members of the Military Solutions parts of the Technical Directorate.
Specific Job Description
Reporting to the Specialist Engineering Manager, and under general direction of the Certification and Airworthiness Team, the role provides key support to the production of design certification evidence
Various systems engineering activities will be undertaken such as requirements analysis and review, review of certification evidence, including associated safety, EMC, Human Factors and airworthiness evidence, and compilation of Flight Approval Documentation.
Opportunities will also arise to support high level design enhancements, as well as systems integration and test activities.
- Contribute to team success in the provision of design certification for enhancements to the Merlin Mk2.
- Work with senior engineers in discussions with suppliers to ensure that certification evidence is understood and reflects the design being certificated
- Support and be involved with investigation of evidence shortfalls and derivation of operational limitations
The candidate will be exposed to several disciplines (Specialist Engineering, Human Factors, Systems and Software Engineering, Integration and Test, System Modelling) during the placement.
- Working towards a degree in Systems Engineering, or other related engineering degree
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages
- Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet program needs
Familiarity with any of the following:
- Requirements derivation/analysis
- Understanding of ‘V- engineering lifecycle
- Use case/sequence diagram compilation
- Goal Structured Notation
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!