Integration & Test Engineer - Intern
Description of Business Environment
The job entails working in the Systems Solutions programme on a portfolio of Programmes in the UK and Europe for a range of commercial customers, primarily focused on providing systems to Postal Authorities. The Integration and Test Engineering Industrial Trainee will be a member of the Engineering team for Lockheed Martin Systems Solutions
Specific Job Description
The Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer will be responsible for tasks as assigned by the I&T Lead.
The Integration and Test (I&T) Engineer will report to the I&T Engineering manager and be under the general direction of the I&T Lead.
- Ensuring that Test procedures are developed in line with the requirements and to the standards required by the I&T processes
- Investigation of faults found through testing
- Monitoring and progressing fix development & embodiment
- Ensuring I&T processes for fault reporting and investigation complied with
- Producing, collecting and reporting appropriate metrics showing progress
- Using Metrics to guide decisions and for management reporting
The candidate will be exposed to several disciplines (Systems, Infrastructure and Software Engineering) during the placement.
- Working towards a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or other Engineering, Mathematics or Science degree.
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages
- Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet program needs
Familiarity with any of the following:
- Windows (NT/2003/7/2008)
- UNIX/Linux OS
- Selenium/Jenkins (Test Automation)
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!