Systems Engineer - Intern
Description of Business Environment:
The Systems Solutions business area has a dynamic and rapidly expanding portfolio of commercial programmes. Our global customer base is investing in exciting new technologies and solutions to both drive efficiencies and build technology platforms for future business growth. The Systems Engineering Industrial Trainee will be a member of the Engineering team for Lockheed Martin Systems Solutions.
Specific Job Description:
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, and under general direction of the Engineering Leadership Team, the role provides support to operational systems used by Systems Solutions customers.
- Contribute to team success supporting systems, software, & infrastructure engineers to design high level architectures for enhancements to operational systems.
- Support to implementation teams through the development, testing, and system acceptance phases of enhancements to the operational system.
- Support to integration during software deployment phases.
- Support technical investigations of problems raised against the operational systems.
- Work with senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis – converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications.
- Work with Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
The candidate will work with other engineering disciplines (Infrastructure, Test & Integration, and Software Engineering). The candidate will also engage with non-engineering disciplines (programme management and operations) during the placement.
- Working towards a degree in Systems Engineering or other Engineering degree.
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages
- Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet programme needs
Familiarity with any of the following:
- Requirements derivation/analysis and management
- Experience of System modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Defect analysis, resolution and management
- Knowledge of the product lifecycle and related disciplines
- Microsoft Office applications
- Windows (NT/2003/7/2008)
- UNIX OS
- Oracle Databases
Standard Job Description:
Participates in a structured cooperative educational/work program between the company and a college/university, and enrolled in an accredited degree program directly related to skills required by the company. Performs assigned tasks in technical/engineering disciplines (e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Facilities Engineering, Quality Engineering).
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!