Software Engineer - Intern
Description of Business Environment:
The job entails working in the Systems Solutions programme on a growing portfolio of Programmes in the UK and Europe for a range of commercial customers, primarily focused on providing systems to Postal Authorities. The Systems Solutions Business Area is entering a major growth phase as Customers invest in exciting high technology Enterprise Solutions. The Software Engineering Industrial Trainee will be a member of the Engineering team for Lockheed Martin Systems Solutions.
Specific Job Description:
The Software Engineer will be responsible for tasks as assigned by the Software Lead. The Software Engineer will report to the Software Engineering manager and be under the general direction of the Software Lead.
- Working with senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis – converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications.
- Contributing to design of high level software architectures.
- Supporting implementation teams throughout development, testing, and system acceptance phases.
- Supporting Integration & Test team during formal test phases.
- Supporting technical investigations of problems raised against the operational systems.
- Producing, collecting and reporting appropriate metrics showing progress.
- Using Metrics to guide decisions and for management reporting.
The candidate will be exposed to several disciplines (Systems, Software Engineering, Integration & Test, and Infrastructure) during the placement, and will work on all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Working towards a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering or other Engineering, Mathematics or Science degree.
- Good Communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages.
- Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet program needs.
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- Oracle Databases
- Agile software development
Standard Job Description
Participates in a structured cooperative educational/work program between the company and a college/university, and enrolled in an accredited degree program directly related to skills required by the company. Performs assigned tasks in technical/engineering disciplines (e.g., Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Facilities Engineering, Quality Engineering).
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!