Programme Office Industrial Trainee
Description of Business Environment
The Programme Office Industrial Trainee (POIT) will work within the Programme Office Team based at Havant in Hampshire. The POIT will be based within one of two RMS Business Areas; Military Solutions or Systems Solutions.
Military Solutions (MS) is a diverse business area covering Delivery, Support Solutions and Advanced groups for Rotary Wing and Maritime programmes. MS cover the complete programme life cycle and will provide an opportunity for the POIT to experience all phases of a programme lifecycle.
Systems Solutions support a growing portfolio of Programmes in the UK and Europe for a range of commercial customers, primarily focused on providing systems to Postal Authorities. The Systems Solutions Business Area is where customers are investing in exciting high technology Enterprise Solutions and will provide the POIT with hands on exposure to new commercial technologies.
Specific Job Description
- Support the Programme Control Lead, Schedule Lead, Risk Manager, Finance Lead, and Data Administrator in the conduct of Programme Management responsibilities.
- Ensure that the Monthly Business Rhythm runs smoothly, providing recommendations for improvement in the established process.
- Capture and drive programme actions to closure in a timely manner, including interface with key customers as included in the programme action register.
- Support the development and maintenance of the Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for the programme(s) assigned under the direct of the schedules lead
Support Work Package Managers (WPMs) / Control Account Managers (CAMs), Vendor and Customers with schedule updates:
- Extraction of activity and dependency data from team specialists.
- Tracking and reporting of schedule progress.
- Provision of schedule data to team members.
- Support Earned Value planning, development and maintenance.
- Provide support to metrics development and maintenance, including monthly provision and presentation of Programme Management Leading Indicators.
Support Schedule Risk Analysis, including:
- Compiling all 3 point estimates from CAMs and implementing in the Risk Schedule.
- Running the Monte Carlo analysis and creating detailed analysis of the results.
- Strong analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communications
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong inter-personal skills indicating an aptitude for independence and leadership combined with ability for working in a team environment. A self-starter.
- Knowledge of additional functional areas such as engineering, manufacturing and production control would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or similar scheduling tool
- Knowledge of Risk Management Process
This vacancy requires all successful candidates to be processed for a HM Government security clearance, which stipulates, at a minimum, that the applicant must have been a resident in the UK for at least the last five years.
Standard Job Description
Participates in a structured cooperative educational/work program between the company and a college/university, and enrolled in an accredited degree program directly related to skills required by the company. Performs assigned tasks in administrative disciplines (e.g., Finance, Human Resources, Contracts, Production Planning, Facilities Administration). Typically considered a Freshman.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!