Mechanical Engineering Graduate
Because of our continued success and the recent award of significant contracts, the company is continuing in an exciting period of growth. Currently, we have vacancies for high-calibre Graduate Engineers to join the Systems, Software, Mechanical and Electrical teams, working on the design and development of these products.
Candidates will have drive and be enthusiastic about change and challenge, with ambition for both our business and their personal success. In return, we offer a full career with potential for technical and/or management advancement, supported by our commitment to ongoing professional training. We are an equal opportunities employer with a strong belief in both corporate and personal ethical standards and aim to provide an empowered and supportive working environment with a very competitive reward package.
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. With a significant percentage of LMUK Ampthill’s revenue being subcontracted to key partners and suppliers, the Sub-contracts function is fundamental to business success. We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Graduate Engineers are required to join a multi-discipline Engineering Function, supporting a diverse range of activities, and this will include:
- Plan own work within defined constraints with the assistance of engineering and technical mentors
- Provide overall technical support and assistance to engineers
- Perform technical analyses and prepare engineering reports
- Participate in the management of selected subcontracted technical tasks
- Develop the skills and working knowledge of project standards and procedures
- Meet plans, schedules and costs with assistance from engineering and technical mentors
- Successfully complete and apply appropriate training courses
The role requires the candidate to have a broad Engineering or Science background, knowledge of mathematical modelling is advantage. You must be able to think laterally generating novel and innovative solutions to complex problems. The person will ideally have an interest in technology keeping themselves abreast of new developments.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Be Self motivated needing minimal direction
- Strong analytical and technical ability
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages would be an advantage.
- A practical nature to understand and support the extension of the work to hardware design/development and testing an advantage.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!