Engineering and Technology Internship
This position is for a 12 month contract, ideally suited to a student who is taking a placement year during their degree.
All candidates will need to be processed for HM Government security clearance. The following website provides frequently asked questions about national security vetting and requirements to be met.
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. With a significant percentage of LMUK Ampthill’s revenue being subcontracted to key partners and suppliers, the Sub-contracts function is fundamental to business success. We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Key competencies required:
- Time Management
- Organisation under pressure
- Initiative and innovative ideas
- Ability to clearly articulate system requirements and to build credible criteria to test system performance and prove adherence to these requirements
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Familiar with principals of engineering life cycles and ability to express these clearly
- Candidates should be studying for an Engineering degree specifically in Systems, Aerospace, Software or related disciplines
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the principles of project planning and control
- Familiarity with computational infrastructures and operating systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft software
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!