Military Solutions Engineering Graduate
Description of Business Environment
Established in 1991, Mission Systems and Training Integrated Systems (MST IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM MST IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
The Military Solutions Business Area is responsible for a number of programmes across a diverse range of customers in the Military market covering sectors such as Unmanned Systems, Maritime Systems, Aerospace and Sustainment technologies. This is a growing business environment with a number of existing programmes with follow-on work and new capture opportunities..
Specific Job Description
The Engineering Graduate will undertake a wide variety of activities within the Systems Engineering ‘V’ model under the guidance of Senior Systems Engineers within the team. These will include:
- Requirements analysis, decomposition and derivation
- Systems Design
- Baseline Control
- System Integration & Interfaces
- Systems Test
These activities will be performed on a wide variety of programmes within the Military Solutions business area.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including:
- Good Communication
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Strong technical skills including
- Mechanical & Electrical Interfaces
- UML (Modelling)
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages
- Microsoft Office
- Good professional skills including:
- Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet program needs
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and techniques
Standard Job Description
Appropriate degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!