Software Engineering Graduate
The Software Engineer will be responsible for tasks as assigned by the Software Lead. The Software Engineer will report to the Software Engineering manager and be under the general direction of the Software Lead.
- Working with senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis, converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications.
- Contributing to design of high level software architectures.
- Designing and implementing software solutions based on Business Requirements.
- Supporting implementation teams throughout development, testing, and system acceptance phases.
- Supporting Integration & Test team during formal test phases.
- Performing technical investigations of problems raised against the operational systems.
- Working with Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
- Producing and reporting appropriate metrics to demonstrate progress to management and to guide decision-making.
The candidate will be exposed to several disciplines (Systems, Software Engineering, Integration & Test, and Infrastructure) as well as Programme Management during the placement, and will work on all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Established in 1991, Mission Systems and Training Integrated Systems (MST IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM MST IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Good Communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage own time to meet program needs.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Familiarity with any of the following:
- UNIX / Linux
- Oracle Databases
- Agile methodologies
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!