Systems Solutions Engineering Graduate
Specific Job Description
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Manager, and under general direction of the Engineering Leadership Team, the role provides support to operational systems used by Systems Solutions customers.
- Contribute to team success supporting systems, software, & infrastructure engineers to design high level architectures for enhancements to operational systems.
- Work with Business Development and Programme Management during capture & proposal phases.
- Work with senior engineers in discussions with customers during requirements analysis – converting operational needs into technical requirements specifications
- Support to implementation teams through the development, testing, and system acceptance phases of enhancements to the operational system.
- Support to integration during software deployment phases.
- Support technical investigations of problems raised against the operational systems, analysing data to identify solutions
The candidate will work with other engineering disciplines (Specialist, Systems, Test & Evaluation, and Software Engineering). The candidate will also engage with non-engineering disciplines (programme management, proposal management and operations) in the course of the engineering work.
Established in 1991, Mission Systems and Training Integrated Systems (MST IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM MST IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
The Systems Solutions business area has a dynamic and expanding portfolio of commercial programmes. Our global customer base is investing in exciting new technologies and solutions to both drive efficiencies and build technology platforms for future business growth. The job entails working within the Systems Solutions organisation on a portfolio of Programmes in the UK and Europe for a range of commercial customers, primarily focused on providing systems to Postal Authorities. The Systems Engineering Graduate Engineer will be a member of the Engineering team for Lockheed Martin Systems Solutions.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Degree in Systems Engineering or other Engineering degree.
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages
- Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet program needs
- Understanding of IT solution lifecycle and methodologies such as Agile
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Familiarity with any of the following:
- Requirements derivation/analysis and management
- Experience of System modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Defect analysis, resolution and management
- Configuration management
- Microsoft Office applications
- Windows OS
- UNIX OS
- Oracle Databases
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!