Business Development Intern
Specific Job Description:
During the year candidates can expect to gain a general understanding of the LMUK Ampthill organisation and capabilities including
- The structure of Lockheed Martin Corporation and how LMUK Ampthill works and aligns with other Lockheed Martin Business Units globally.
- The organisation of LMUK Ampthill and how Business Areas and Functional Areas work together to win and deliver programmes.
- The responsibilities of the Business Development team and how these efforts support the business.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Provide research and analysis of market and competitive information in support of business capture pursuits and other strategic assessments
- Support the organisation and facilitation of Capture support events
- Actively participate in the Market Forecasting and Strategic Planning Processes
- Attend customer and industry briefings to gather information on customers and competitors
- Work with the BD leads and Communications department to facilitate the development of media and communications plans for business capture pursuits
- Continuous support to Business Capture activities through management of Business critical data
Key competencies required:
- Time Management
- Organisation under pressure
- Initiative and innovative ideas
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability. With a significant percentage of LMUK Ampthill’s revenue being subcontracted to key partners and suppliers, the Sub-contracts function is fundamental to business success. We are looking for talented individuals with demonstrable experience in delivering complex, high value, critical components and services from suppliers. In return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Passion for the aerospace and defence industry
- Motivation and a desire to contribute to a Dynamic business
- Background in marketing, business, engineering, economic, politics or mathematic
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft software
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!