The Engineering Graduate will undertake a wide variety of activities within the Systems Engineering ‘V’ model under the guidance of Senior Systems Engineers within the team. These will include:
- Requirements analysis, decomposition and derivation
- Systems Design
- Baseline Control
- System Integration & Interfaces
- Systems Test
These activities will be performed on a wide variety of programmes within the Military Solutions business area.
Additional/Occasional Duties and Tasks
The Engineering Graduate will be required to specialise in certain domains within this area of LM UKIS according to the business need.
Established in 1991, Mission Systems and Training Integrated Systems (MST IS), is a leading prime contractor and systems integrator responsible for a wide portfolio of high technology programmes, complex integration, training and through-life support, spanning the defence and civil sectors. The LM MST IS business, a leading provider of systems engineering, software development and complex programme management for global security, cyber, civil and commercial markets.
The Military Solutions Business Area is responsible for a number of programmes across a diverse range of customers in the Military market covering sectors such as Unmanned Systems, Maritime Systems, Aerospace and Sustainment technologies. This is a growing business environment with a number of existing programmes with follow-on work and new capture opportunities.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Ideally require a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience / combined education.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
Strong interpersonal skills, including:
- Good Communication
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Strong technical skills including:
- Mechanical & Electrical Interfaces
- UML (Modelling)
- Good IT skills in a range of SW packages
- Microsoft Office
Good professional skills including:
- Ability to prioritise own tasking to meet program needs
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and techniques
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!