Marketing & Communications Internship (12 Months)
A Marketing & Communications Intern is required to join the Communications team based in Ampthill. The successful candidate will join a team charged with supporting the business with all internal and external marketing & communications. The Intern will provide support to the team in conducting communications, Public Relations activities and community engagement programmes to improve the company’s relations with our customers, public, industry, shareholders and employees.
During the 12 month period the Intern will work with many stakeholders both inside and outside of the company. He/she will be exposed to a wide range of activities, including; internal communications, shows and events, education outreach activities, marketing communications including promotional giveaways and graphic design.
- Assist with the development of communications plans.
- Provide exhibition support, both creative and organisational.
- Be an active member of the company’s education outreach programme.
- Plan, prepare and disseminate information internally and externally.
- Participate in education outreach and charity activities.
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Candidates should currently be studying for a marketing, business, engineering or economic degree
- Motivation and a desire to contribute to a Dynamic business
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative and enthusiastic with energy and commitment.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team
- The ability to prioritise and multi-task where required
- Background in Public Relations, marketing or business studies
- Passion for the defence industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!