Business Development Intern
Fantastic new internship opportunity within the Lockheed Martin UK Business Development Team (International Team) based in London…….
……. Lockheed Martin UK specialises in the development, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services for a range of civil and military customers.
The role involves supporting a dynamic and challenging European team within the international branch of Lockheed Martin in a variety of projects and events covering skills in marketing, data analysis and business development.
This can include:
- Assisting the Vice President’s team with managing a robust planning process for Lockheed Martin Europe and updating and maintaining information regarding the business environments of covered regions;
- Supporting accurate and consistent customer engagement and documenting this data through stakeholder mapping for key customers and programmes;
- Regularly communicating with international team members and consultants to coordinate projects;
- Managing the guest list for key European events, including issuing and tracking invitations.
Projects can range from every-day tasks regarding key documents to directly participating in the briefing, trip logistics and documentation for large events for senior leadership.
The successful candidate will report to the Director Western Europe & NATO and will be offered the opportunity to provide support across the full range of responsibility of LMI Europe, including assisting with preparations for trade shows such as the Paris Air Show and Defence and Security Equipment International.
There may also be the chance to attend shows and events as part of the role. Training will be provided.
The international team in London is small and fully supportive and a perfect environment to develop key skills for the future.
We are proud that the quality of our intern placements has been recognised by the National Council for Work Experience (NCWE), following nominations by our students.
Having a meaningful role with real responsibilities from day one, with the added support of a graduate mentor for the duration of your placement, gives valuable work and life experience with Lockheed Martin UK. The ideal candidate will be studying towards a relevant degree (Business, Communications, Public Relations or Marketing) and have the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communicator at all levels.
- Creative and enthusiastic with energy and commitment.
- Strong inter-personal skills indicating an aptitude for independence and leadership combined with ability for working in a team environment.
This vacancy requires all successful candidates to be processed for a HM Government security clearance, which stipulates, at a minimum, that the applicant must have been a resident in the UK for at least the last five years.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a keen undergraduate to gain experience and potential for a future career with one of the UK’s leading defense organisations. Start date for this role will be in June 2018.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!