IT Applications Intern
Looking to gain experience in a dynamic software development and business analysis focused team of subject matter experts? Then this is the job for you!
The applications team provide support to existing business applications such as SAP and SharePoint, as well as develop solutions to new and challenging business requirements. Working within a varied team on the SAP ERP system will allow the applicant to gain valuable experience in this niche yet globally used application. The applicant will also gain exposure to how a manufacturing and engineering business operates, as well as the unique challenges faced by a business in the defence sector. Apply now to work at the largest UK site of the biggest aerospace and defence company in the world!
Applicants will provide day to day support to the Applications team undertaking some of the below responsibilities:
- Provide first line support to company staff on software systems e.g SAP, SharePoint
- Identify and document complex customer requirements
- Creation and updating of documentation around system changes
- Understanding/awareness of business processes on purchasing, project implementation, manufacturing etc
- Support to new initiatives within the applications team, using business analysis methods to determine appropriate solution
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) consists of LMUK IT Services, Payroll, ESH, HR and Finance functions. With employees located throughout the UK, EBS provides UK wide support to the LMUK business areas.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
- Must be attending a sandwich course at University in Information Systems/IT or Business Studies.
- Must have an aptitude towards software application development and business analysis.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
- Able to work with people and as part of a team, pick new skills up quickly and work without constant supervision.
- Good time management and able to meet deadlines.
- Able to break down problems and come up with creative and innovative solutions.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!