Manufacturing Summer Placement
Working as part of a multi-disciplined Operations Engineering team, and under general direction of a number of experienced Manufacturing Engineers, you will be providing support to development activities throughout our entire product lifecycle in a variety of programmes.
Various manufacturing activities will be undertaken and can be tailored towards your skills and development aspirations. You will have the chance to make a meaningful contribution to the development activities on tangible products, taking up a ‘real role’ with ‘real responsibilities’ across a variety of disciplines.
This position is open to students on a Sandwich degree course and University Students wanting a summer placement to gain real work experience in industry.
- Time Management
- Organisation under pressure
- Initiative and innovative ideas
- Ability to clearly articulate engineering requirements and to build credible criteria to test performance and prove adherence to these requirements
- Familiar with principles of manufacturing life cycles and ability to express these clearly
- Candidates should be studying for an Engineering/Manufacturing degree or related disciplines
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the principles of project planning and control
- Proficiency in Microsoft software