Graduate - Quantity Surveying (Commercial Management)
The role of the commercial manager in contracting covers all financial aspects of a project, from bidding for work through to the close out of final accounts when the project is completed. This involves procurement of works and the subsequent management of costs through the design and construction phase. This is a site based role and you will be assigned to one project.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following.
- Assisting with monthly client applications
- Raising Interim Payment Certificates (IPC) for packages
- Administering Interim Statement of Accounts (ISA)
- Updating cash flows
- Cost management of allocated construction packages
- Supporting the drafting of subcontracts and agreeing variations costs
- Assisting in procurement
- Carrying out variations
- Cost reporting
Qualifications, knowledge and skills
Mace’s Commercial Management placement students must be studying a Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) accredited degree in Quantity Surveying.
Professional qualification routes
As a Commercial Management placement you will be supported towards beginning your RICS accreditation.
This role is available in London.
For the above roles you are required to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected)
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drive to achieve results.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!