Design Management - Heathrow
Managing the process by which a design solution is delivered is at the heart of successful construction. At Mace, we apply the same rigour to our design management service as we do to our project management service, making sure that our client's project objectives, and construction and procurement requirements, are met. From creating design management strategies to providing relevant and timely documentation, we know the process is core to delivering a project on both the practical and conceptual levels.
Design Management is the application of project management techniques to the design process. It establishes and manages the process through which design solutions are delivered by third parties.
Working as a placement student in Design Management your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding the client’s needs in the development of a building design
- Supporting the design process, working with the client and wider design team
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
- Contributing to progress meetings
- Maintaining project documentation
Professional Qualification Routes
Placement students working in design management will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB).
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected) in architecture, engineering or design management
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.
Candidates should also have a range of skills including:
- Ability to plan and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- A drive to achieve results
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively in a team
- A proactive approach to solving problems
- Technical knowledge of construction.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!