Mechanical and Electrical Engineering (MEP) - Clonee, Rep. of Ireland
Mace’s International Construction Business Unit operates across three European countries and is currently working with two major global technology clients to manage the construction of state of the art data centres. We have an impressive track record as a market leader in European data centre construction and have generated orders totalling over £1bn in the last 5 years. This makes it a great time for you to join us and develop your career in Data Centre Construction. This is one of the largest sectors within the construction industry and is set to grow by 9% between 2017 & 2021.
Our Project at Clonee, is for our client - a global social media platform. We are now in year 3 of a multi-phase data centre project, located 30 minutes from Dublin.
At Mace, we know that mechanical and electrical systems have a major role in the construction, completion and operation of a building. These systems impact on the running costs as well as the long-term value of a building.
As a result of our knowledge, we value the M&E management such that we have M&E managers involved in all of our Construction Sectors with varying levels of expertise and experience. We offer a number of service levels to our Clients from strategic management to on site management and ensure our services are engineering led.
This formula ensures we are one of the leading Construction Companies in the UK and are now delivering our expertise in Europe.
As a Graduate in the MEP Sector you will be involved in all project related MEP management services. To ensure graduates are fully aware of the different elements of our service offering they will be given the opportunity to spend a period of time in each of the different areas to help create their personal career development plan.
Typical responsibilities of the MEP management role are:
- Tendering of new bids to Mace.
- Design review, validation and manage the design development
- Procurement of the MEP packages
- Planning of the works including design, procurement, installation, commissioning and handover phases in line with Mace procedures
- Preconstruction Management of all aspects such as health & safety, technical submissions, 3D modelling, construction drawing production, prefabrication, Building Control submissions and commissioning management. Management of sub-contractors
- Management of all elements of specialist packages i.e. lift installations, utilities Commercial management – Execution of the MEP subcontractors contracts, management of the variation account or input as required for the project surveyor to achieve the same
- Ensure that QA procedures are fully implemented on each project through the Mace Way
- Produce monthly project audits and reports
- Programme management with regular subcontractors progress meetings
- Ensure that works are undertaken in a safe manner in line with company practice, current legislation and good practices, review method statements and risk assessments and undertake regular site safety observations and tours. Commissioning management and witnessing Integrated systems testing including Building Control sign off
- Assist in gaining Practical Completion
- Manage project close out and defects period.
Professional Qualification Routes
Graduates working in MEP will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with either CIBSE or IMechE.
A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained), 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
A passion for a career in the construction industry.
A degree related to Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or Building Services Engineering
Qualifications, knowledge and skills
Ability to build excellent relationships with colleagues and labourers on site, adding value to teams
Ability to plan and prioritise
Excellent communication skills at all levels A drive to achieve results
A proactive approach to solving problems.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!