Graduate Development Programme - Project Management (Consultancy) - Pharmaceutical and Technology
We understand the complex environments within which our biopharmaceutical and research clients operate in, providing them with the expertise they need to realise their business objectives. As a contractor and consultant, we draw upon diverse expertise to provide a truly unique consultancy offering in setting up new facilities to research and pharmaceutical clients. We manage the entire lifecycles of projects and programmes through all phases of design, construction, operation and maintenance
As a project manager you will work closely with clients and consultants, taking time to fully understand our clients’ needs.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients to establish their needs
- Preparation of tender documents
- Contributing to project execution plans, including the logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress, and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and mitigating those risks where possible
- Dealing with changes to the project
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Providing general support and assistance to the Project Manager.
Your work base will be flexible and could be in one of Mace’s offices, at a clients’ office of facility, or in a designer’s studio. You will gain exposure to all aspects of project delivery from concept design, through to construction, commissioning, validation handover and into operation.
You will be required to work in various locations in the UK and internationally for extended periods of time. As such, living away from home is required and accommodation will be provided. It is likely that you will work in at least two different locations during the Graduate Development Programme.
Professional qualification routes
Graduates working in project management will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with either the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) or Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) depending on your degree.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained). Construction-related or engineering degrees are preferred but we will consider high quality applications from graduates who have studied non-construction related degrees
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnical experience is preferred
- French, German or Dutch language skills are desirable due to the international clients that we work with.