Graduate Development Programme - Project Management (Consultancy) - Global Programmes & Infrastructure
Mace offers its clients a fully comprehensive project management service. Our project management experts offer a flexible and highly bespoke service based on a robust and well-proven formula for delivery. Working alongside our clients, we adopt a value-driven approach to defining business and project objectives before identifying the most effective means to deliver. We provide a full spectrum of project management services from the preparation of business cases and the development of organisational frameworks to straightforward procurement, design, construction delivery and operation.
As a project manager you will be in the Global Programmes team working on the regeneration of East London as part of the legacy of the Olympic Games. You will coordinate all parties involved, taking time to fully understand our clients’ needs. You will learn to define project briefs, engage with and manage expert design teams and contractors throughout the project life cycle, and create solutions for risks and obstacles along the way.
Responsibilities include but are not exclusive to:
- Working with clients to establish their needs
- Preparing tender documents
- Contributing to the project execution plan, including the logistics planning and scheduling
- Working closely with the design team from concept to delivery of contractor documentation
- Working closely with the project team and cost managers to ensure all strategies implemented work effectively and efficiently
- Monitoring project progress and preparing progress reports to update relevant parties
- Monitoring and reporting on budgets and cash flow
- Monitoring any potential risks to the project and looking for mitigations where possible
- Monitoring and reviewing of health and safety practices
- Providing general support and assistance to the Project Manager.
You will gain experience in all aspects of the construction process from initial design, through construction, fit out, commissioning, handover, and ongoing facilities management. You will be provided with a bedrock of experience that will help launch your career.
Professional Qualification Router
Graduates working in project management will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with either the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB), Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) or the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), depending on your degree.
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected or obtained). Construction-related degrees are preferred but we will consider high quality applications from graduates who have studied non-construction related degrees
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications).
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.