Graduate Development Programme - Construction Management (Fit Out)
Mace have a long and successful history within the fit out industry and has gained a reputation for innovation and best practice. With over fourteen years in the sector, we have built up an enviable portfolio of work in helping our clients create high-quality, inspirational workplaces and the service is an integral part of our international consultancy and construction company.
Our specialist teams deliver fit out from shell and core, Cat A and existing spaces together with light refurbishment. We’re a flexible partner, delivering projects of differing sizes and under all forms of contract. We bring truly specialised teams to complex fit out challenges - and our ability to deliver in occupied and operational spaces efficiently and safely is second to none. Our mission is to be a positive force for change in the fit out and refurbishment sector, to be respected and trusted in the construction industry, and to be famed for building valuable, lasting customer relationships.
Construction managers work out on site and they are responsible for ensuring a project is delivered safely and to the highest quality standards. A construction manager will be involved from the pre-construction/planning stage right through to project handover.
- As a placement construction manager your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the production of short term construction plans
- Assisting with the procurement of trade/sub-contractors
- Assisting in project start up and preconstruction stages
- Assisting in the daily control, management and coordination of site activity
- Keeping a detailed diary of works planned and actually carried out by trade/sub-contractors
- Ensuring that all relevant paperwork is received, reviewed and communicated where necessary
- Establishing key relationships with trade/ sub-contractors
- Contributing to site progress meetings with trade/sub-contractors
- Dealing with any problems on site and monitoring risks
- Ensuring health & safety is adhered to, including site inspections and conducting site inductions.
- Professional Qualification Routes
Placement students working in construction management will be supported in working towards their professional qualification with either the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- A minimum 2.1 undergraduate degree (expected) in a construction related degree
- 240 UCAS points and Grade C in GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications)
- Evidence of significant extra-curricular activities that demonstrate drive and excellent interpersonal skills
- A passion for a career in the construction industry.