With over 70 barristers (nearly half of whom are silks) Maitland is recognised (in Chambers UK Bar Guide) as a pre-eminent set of chambers in the field of commercial chancery litigation having occupied the first place in that category since 2001. Our major appeal for you lies in the combination of the high quality instructions we receive, the breadth of our work and the volume of advocacy we do. We are instructed in a huge range of cases, from major international commercial litigation to disputes over the family home. The majority of our work is done in London, although we frequently advise and appear for clients in other parts of the United Kingdom and abroad.
Areas of work include:
- Commercial disputes: commercial contracts; banking; guarantees; financial instruments and derivatives; restraint of trade;
- Company and partnership law: shareholders' and directors' disputes; financial and market regulation; mergers and acquisitions; directors' disqualification; partnerships and LLPs;
- Corporate and individual insolvency: liquidation; administration; receivership; voluntary arrangements; bankruptcy;
- Professional negligence, including that of solicitors, accountants, auditors and surveyors;
- Civil fraud: fraud in the company and commercial context; tracing and recovery of assets; freezing and search orders;
- Real property: landlord and tenant; mortgages and other forms of security over property; easements and covenants; trusts of land; conveyancing and contracts for the development of land;
- Intellectual property and copyright; other disputes in the entertainment, media and sport arenas;
- Trusts and tax; charities; pensions; wills and administration of estates; family provision.
There is no limit to the tenancy offers we can make in each year; as a general rule, if you are of the requisite standard, you will be offered tenancy.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!