Business Development Executive, Adventure Sports
We have an exciting position for a graduate looking to develop a long-term career in the Adventure Sports business. The industry is niche but passionate. Product knowledge and customer service go a long way. The initial focus will be on water-sports, but there will be many opportunities to participate across our ranges : being involved is a key part of the job.
We are looking for a graduate to join the team at our head office to help drive our business forward. The ideal candidate will be familiar with and interested in water-sports. Reporting to the Marketing Director you will work as part of our sales team to help manage existing customers and find new ones.
What you would do
- Develop and maintain relationships with retail partners.
- Implement our sales strategy by working with our existing partners and targeting new ones.
- Maximise our sales through existing partners by communicating new product releases, promotional offers and other initiatives.
- Help plan and implement marketing strategies to maximise exposure of our brands.
- Support the brand manager and customer service team.
Who you would work with
- The Marketing Director and sales team on developing sales strategies
- Our retail network to help maximise sales of our product and help educate their staff on our brands.
- Our athletes and ambassadors to help maximise exposure of our products.
- Our suppliers, the brands themselves, to provide feedback on market conditions and also to develop your product knowledge.
Qualifications and experience
- Communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills, as well as the ability to deal with all kinds of different stake-holders.
- Results Driven
- Ability to focus on your own results, but also what is best for the company and the long-term strategy.
- Computer and systems literate
- Day-to-day business requires extensive use of our systems as well as basic office applications.
- Experience working in a water-sports activity or retail environment
- These are our customers and knowing how their businesses operate and how to help them are key to success.
- Full driving licence
- You will need to get around to visit our customers and promote our brands.
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- A permanent contract ? we are betting on the long term!
- A position in a small but ambitious team.
- An environment which provides room for you to grow and develop. If you have ideas we want to hear them.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!