Risk Assurance Services Graduate Trainee - London
As a Risk Assurance Trainee your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
Your role will be supporting the Risk Assurance Services team in providing clients with independent assurance with regards to the effectiveness of the organisation’s risk management, governance and internal control processes.
Your typical day will vary between:
- Performing internal audit fieldwork, reviewing exposure to risk and the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate risks;
- Recommending improvements to systems and controls based on observations and best practice;
- Preparing reports;
- Nurturing client relationships through meetings and developing an understanding of their business/industry;
- Attending in-house training;
- Studying towards your professional qualification.
What we are looking for
We are looking for collaborative people who think creatively about their work and enjoy embracing challenges. Do you have?:
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results.
- 2.2 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 96 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Training & Support
We will fund for you to study towards the ACCA qualification.
You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.