Trainee Financial Planner & Wealth Manager Graduate – 2017
The ultimate aim for a graduate trainee within the Financial Planning & Wealth Management graduate programme is for you to achieve the status of a Chartered Financial Planner (under the Personal Finance Society) and Chartered Wealth Manager (under the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment).
Once these qualifications have been achieved you should be in a position to advise clients on a wide range of personal financial matters, including the ongoing management of their investment portfolios.
Over time, you will build a portfolio of your own clients and advise them in all areas of their financial affairs whilst working with other service lines within Mazars to ensure that the client’s overall needs are met.
The first 18 months of this programme will be spent in our Milton Keynes offices. During this period you will:
- Develop a strong understanding of the financial planning advice process and Mazars internal systems and processes
- Develop the skills needed to work with clients on a daily basis
- Complete the CII ‘Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning’
- Attend training sessions as required
- Prepare client advice reports
- Information assimilation from investment providers / secondments to the finance, compliance and R&D departments.
After this initial 18 month period you will:
- Have the opportunity to move to one of the other Mazars offices (or remain in Milton Keynes) to begin working as an Assistant Financial Planner
- Support the Financial Planners with existing clients and prospective clients.
- Write technical advice reports and devise financial plans/strategies
- Work on client proposals and prepare for the client-facing environment
- Complete the CII ‘Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning’.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work/clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
We will fund your study towards the CII Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning qualification, with the ultimate objective of becoming a Chartered Financial Planner and Chartered Wealth Manager.
You will receive the appropriate study texts and be permitted time off to study for each exam. Your professional qualification is only part of the story; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including 1:1 coaching, and skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
We also operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance & security, my leisure & lifestyle, my health & wellbeing and my charitable giving.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!