Financial Services Consulting Junior Associate – 2017
As a Financial Services Consulting Junior Associate you will be supporting the Financial Services Consulting Team in delivering consultancy advice to the Finance Industry.
Your role will be to assist banking and insurance clients to assess and improve their existing methods, policies, systems and ensure compliance with best practices and regulatory guidance.
You will support the FS Consulting Team with determining appropriate methods of data collection and research methodology. You will also help interpret the information gained and formulate and implement recommendations and solutions that are tailored to the client’s needs.
Examples of projects that you may be asked to assist with include:
- Regulatory compliance assignments, eg. reviews of a client’s risk management framework, governance framework, reporting to regulators (such as ICAAP), etc
- Monitoring the compliance of institutions with commitments made to European / international competition regulation authorities in the context of Monitoring Trustee assignments
- Improving a client’s internal processes and systems
You will also assist with the running of workshops, external seminars, conferences and with the publication of internal and external articles on topics of interest for financial services.
As a Junior Associate your typical daily duties will include:
- Research, collect, prepare and present information/statistics as required
- Consider the impact of legislation upon specific requirements
- Conduct reviews of clients’ processes, systems, policies, regulatory compliance needs in an organised and systematic way
- Collect and synthesise information from fieldwork and draft client-specific conclusions/recommendations
- Assist with the projected management of client assignments by communicating directly with clients or completing fieldwork onsite
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients throughout the fieldwork and social activities
- Prepare presentations/ marketing collaterals, using appropriate graphics software and other media, ensuring that documents are compliant with the firm’s standards
- Support with the management of tender proposals for new work
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by Mazars
- Attend all training courses as required
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Desired: Previous work experience/internship in the Banking, Finance or Consulting Industry
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Produces accurate and timely work
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness
- Ability to build relationships
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas
- Applies active listening skills – asks questions when necessary but makes basic assumptions when appropriate
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct
We operate a number of in-house training courses which will give you the technical insight to keep up with changes in legislation and case law, both in the UK and worldwide.
You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
After you’ve joined the firm there will be an opportunity for you to study towards a professional qualification if desired.
At Mazars we don’t have a “one size fits all” approach to benefits. We want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
“my” is a scheme that you manage through a personalised online system. Benefits are organised into five categories: my family, my finance & security, my leisure & lifestyle, my health & wellbeing and my charitable giving.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!