Financial Planning Analyst & Report Writer (Paraplanner) – Immediate Start
Working as part of our central Paraplanning and Technical Team in Milton Keynes you will be producing high quality, technical advice reports for our Planners to present to clients. You will undertake research in connection with investment, pension and retirement planning, tailoring solutions to help clients meet their financial aims and objectives.
You will work with other specialist service lines of Mazars LLP such as Personal Tax, Corporate Tax and Private Client, to help deliver wide ranging advice to clients throughout their lives. This will include the opportunity to develop life time cash flow models for clients.
During your initial training you will;
- Develop a strong understanding of the financial planning advice process and Mazars internal systems and processes
- Develop the skills needed to devise solutions to enable clients to meet their stated objectives
- Complete the CII ‘Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning’
- Attend training sessions from both internal and external sources
- Be provided with training on all the necessary software packages used to help build the reports
- Prepare client advice reports
After this initial training you will:
- Work with and challenge planners to ensure the best possible outcome is achieved for the client.
- Write technical advice reports laying out complex financial strategies in such a way as to be readily understood by the client
- Work on client scoping proposals
- Work with other Mazars services such as Tax and Trust to provide comprehensive recommendations
- Complete the CII ‘Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning’.
We are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Produces accurate and timely work;
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
Academic Requirements – Graduates
- 2.1 or above in any degree discipline
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points (achieved in the same academic year, from your 3 best A Levels and excluding General Studies). This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Please specify on your application if there were extenuating circumstances or exceptional achievements that we should take into account. We also accept equivalent international qualifications.
Training Contract & Study Support
- We will fund your study towards the CII Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning qualification. Achievement of this, together with 5 years’ experience in the industry will enable you to use the coveted title of ‘Chartered Paraplanner’.
- You will receive a full study package and time off to study and attend college. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training to enable you to progress to management and leadership positions.
- You will be given a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
- Mazars is an international, integrated and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. Operating in over 75 countries, the firm draws on the expertise of 18,000 professionals to assist major international groups, SMEs, private investors and public bodies at every stage in their development.
- Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with over 140 partners and 1750 staff serving clients from 19 offices.
- Mazars is a positively different firm. Differentiated by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business, we are entrepreneurs with a strong European heritage. We are proud of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!