Major Equipment Procurement Graduate 2019
What is Major Equipment Procurement?
The MEP function is responsible for suppliers who are designing and delivering complex sub-systems and unique services for MBDA. MEP is responsible for managing each of these suppliers throughout the entire product life cycle. The MEP function is responsible for developing and maintaining long term, open, collaborative and commercially robust business relationships with suppliers, along with managing the supplier programmes to ensure the developed technical solution, hardware deliveries and services are provided on time, to cost and to quality within each phase of the life cycle.
The primary objective of the MEP role is to ensure the supplier performs its contractual obligations in order to maintain MBDA’s ability to meet its customer delivery milestones.
MEP’s involvement is critical throughout a weapon system life cycle; from the initial concept right through to ‘In-Service’ and ‘Disposals’ stage. MEP is responsible for managing each suppliers contractual and performance aspects. This offers any potential graduate the opportunity to develop a broad skill set and experience a wide range of scenarios.
You will be the primary interface dealing with suppliers who are designing and providing complex sub-systems for use in and services to support MBDA’s weapon systems. You will be responsible for:
- Managing the supplier related aspects of the business winning processincluding drafting and negotiation of complex RFQs, sub-contracts, sub-contract amendments and other industrial agreements.
- Ensuring the supplier delivers to programme and technical requirements within authorised budgets, and in accordance with their contractual obligations.
- Managing and developing the business relationship with suppliers.
- Leading a supplier facing multi-functional teamwithin MBDA.
- Implementing strategies associated with the suppliers to deliver maximum business advantage in line with business plans.
- Seeking ways to continually improve the supplier performance.
- Ensuring MBDA has adequate visibility of the supplier programmes and associated risks such that strategies can be implemented to overcome problems that may hazard timely delivery of project requirements or cost.
- Participating in project and functional MEP process improvement opportunities, sharing best practice where appropriate within other functions.
- Providing accurate budget and cash forecasts for supplier payments.
The role is very diverse, and your specific responsibilities will vary depending on the life cycle phase of the weapon system project you are working in, however, the core role will remain constant: as an MEP graduate you will be the primary interface between MBDA and your assigned suppliers, responsible for managing the relationship and ensuring that the supplier meets their agreed deadlines to ensure the project remains on schedule.
What Will MEP Offer you?
As an MEP Graduate you will experience working at the forefront of technology within a world leading complex weapons system manufacturer. This is a unique Procurement role which will provide both commercial and project management experience across key MBDA project areas exposing the individual to a range of complex and advanced products and technologies.
You will be joining a highly skilled, energetic Procurement team who strive for personal and professional excellence such that they are the recognised leaders within MBDA for delivering global through life Major Equipment Procurement solutions to support Customer needs.
MEP is a multi-national department with equivalent teams in France and Italy with a global supply base. The MEP role therefore offers opportunities to build international networks and to be exposed to and work with other cultures.
MEP is an integral part of each of the MBDA weapon system multifunctional project teams, providing the opportunity to be involved in complex UK and international programmes along with the responsibility for delivering critical sub-system elements to the main programme to ensure MBDA delivers on its customer commitments.
Who and what skills are we looking for:
You will have obtained a minimum of a 2:2 classification and should have a natural Confidence and proactivity that is able to perform in a challenging commercial environment. As such you will need strong communication, interpersonal and organisational skills in order successfully integrate within the existing MEP Team.
We are looking for someone, with a definite interest and enthusiasm for aerospace, defence and engineering in general with a desire to succeed and contribute as part of a team.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement.
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
Starting Salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters paid,flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, Annual Company Bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.