Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering Graduate 2019
What’s the opportunity?
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) addresses the unintentional generation, propagation and reception of electromagnetic energy which may cause unwanted effects in equipment. MBDA evaluate their products performance through test, analysis and/or assessment, to the effects of the products intended electromagnetic environment. This role will allow you to be involved in an essential part of the process that qualifies MBDA products, and will enable you to gain skill and knowledge in EMC Engineering.
What will you be doing?
You will be hands-on testing MBDA’s missiles, subsystems and weapons systems in the UKAS accredited test facility which will build your EMC knowledge. Much of the initial training will involve working with our competent EMC engineers so that you can progress towards conducting tests independently. The department may be undertaking development work at the time of your placement that you could be involved with; this has ranged from microcontroller electronics (hardware/software), OPSENS development and even antenna design.
The role will involve:
Undertaking essential training to enable the safe use of equipment within the facility.
Hands-on experience of trials performed in the EMC test facility which may include:
- Radiated & Conducted Emissions
- Radiated & Conducted Susceptibility
- Electrostatic Discharge, Nuclear EMP, Shielding Effectiveness, Safety measurements
- Creating a detailed log book to assist with learning and chartership opportunities.
- Writing EMC documentation to support projects.
- Opportunities to get involved in other research projects within the EMC UK/Fr function.
- Providing end of placements presentations.
What are the benefits to you?
- Work in a technically challenging and thought provoking function.
- Work amongst experienced test and systems EMC engineers.
- Specific formal and informal training that will aid your personal development.
- Hands-on experience with real hardware.
- Work on a range of products across all MBDA projects, which could include missiles and weapon systems.
What’s great about joining this team?
You will be working in a team of friendly EMC engineers, with a great depth and breadth of expertise that puts you in a rich learning environment. The team are keen to improve the facility and for you to bring fresh ideas. All of the EMC engineers are extremely supportive and willing to help you learn and progress in your development.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- An enthusiastic and highly motivated graduate who will wish to participate in and learn about EMC activities.
- Able to actively communicate with other team members and show a willingness to learn through practical work in the test facilities.
- Good technical report writing skills.
- Degree qualified (minimum 2.2) in EMC / Electrical / Electronic’s Engineering, Applied Physics, Aerospace Engineering or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of Labview or MPLAB is desirable.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement.
We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
Starting Salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters paid,flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, Annual Company Bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.