Sensors Eo Engineer Summer Placement 2019
What’s the opportunity?
We have opportunities available to join the Electro-Optics (EO) Seekers & Sensors team in Bristol for a 10, 11 or 12 week summer placement.The EO Seekers & Sensors Group provides expertise on infrared (IR), optical and laser-based sensors.
You will gain an in-depth knowledge of the sensors and how they interact with other subsystems to form part of the wider missile system.What will you be doing?
Within EO Sensors we can offer you a broad range of opportunities:
- The design and build of optical prototypes and the corresponding testing and evaluation
- Research and Development of novel EO techniques and solutions
- Modelling and simulation of the environment, target and sensor
- Performance evaluation and subsystem specification
- Support to all MBDA UK systems that incorporate EO technology
What are the benefits for you?
- Opportunity to apply university learning to real projects and to impact their direction
- Varied and challenging work load
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be working with experienced technologists offering you support and guidance
- You will get to see projects at different phases of the product lifecycle
- Interaction with other groups across the wider technical directorate as well as external customers/suppliers
- Opportunities to support lab and field trials
- The work is technically challenging, innovative and rewarding. The variety of work offered within the department also presents an excellent opportunity for personal development.
- The department consists of a team of highly skilled and versatile engineers/physicists with a broad mixture of technical expertise and experience. Everyone in the team is friendly, approachable and willing to help whenever necessary
What are we looking for from you?
- You will be working towards a 2:1 in any relevant engineering, electronics or applied physics degree
- Good presentation and communication skills
- A passion for applying your university learning to real-world engineering and technology projects
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement.
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
£16,000 to £18,000 Salary dependant on year of study, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities and superb learning and development opportunities