Missile Architecture Graduate 2019
What’s the opportunity?
Missile Architecture offers multi-disciplinary roles that sit within the project teams, drawing upon inputs from around the company to produce the optimum top level design for a missile. This includes ensuring delivery within the requisite project time frames and budgets. The department works with a wide range of technical functions and provides direct inputs toward project programme delivery, as well as helping to manage requirements flow-down to subsystem level.
What will you be doing?
Undertaking and managing design and performance trade-off studies at a missile level
Managing the design and delivery of subsystems into the project, such as:
- System computer architecture
- Data Links
- Telemetry Units
- Actuation systems
- Safety and Arming Units
- Defining signal characteristics and interfaces
- Investigating and analysing built hardware
- Assisting with trials and testing of components and missiles during development
What are the benefits for you?
There are opportunities to become a team leader within the project teams as an interim step to becoming a Chief Engineer.
- The opportunity to travel and work with international colleagues
- Receive excellent training for both soft and technical skills
- Gain support and mentoring towards CEng
What’s great about joining this team?
You will be working in a function spread out throughout MBDA’s weapon systems, gaining experience from other diverse Architects
- High degree of autonomy
- Large interaction with other disciplines
- Exposure to high level management
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Qualified to degree level (minimum 2:2) in a technical or engineering-related discipline, such as Electronics, Physics, Maths or Systems Engineering.
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to work with ambiguity
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to establish a clear engineering vision
- Ability to influence managers and other stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written and verbal)
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement.
We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
Starting Salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters paid,flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, Annual Company Bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.