Seeker Division Summer Placement 2019
What’s the opportunity?
Seeker Division is an engineering department designing a key complex weapon sub-system. It is a multi-national department with both UK and Italian offices.
A seeker is a missile sub-unit that detects, acquires and tracks targets. Seeker Division has responsibility for the design of all missile sub-systems that involve radar frequency (RF) components including RF seekers, dual-mode seekers (RF and electro-optic), RF data links and RF fuzes.
What will you be doing?
- Use skills and knowledge developed at university in real world applications
- Working in different disciplines including electronics, modelling, integration, trials
- Designing, testing and producing complete sub-systems
- Working over the whole product lifecycle from concept through design and development to production and in-service support
- Working closely with other functions in MBDA
- Working in well equipped laboratories and learning new tools throughout your placements
- Working with a world class team
- Complete real work from day one
- Relevant and targeted training covering a wide range of topics
What are the benefits for you?
During the 10, 11 or 12week placementyou will have the unique chance to build on your knowledge from university and gain experience in a wide range of areas. We expect you to demonstrate initiative and enthusiasm and in return you will be challenged to develop ideas and deliver solutions to contribute to the success of projects.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
Ideally be working towards a 2:2 in any relevant applied physics, electronics, engineering or mathematics degree.
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement.
- We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
£16,000 to £18,000 Salary dependant on year of study, flexible working, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities and superb learning and development opportunities.