Facilities Management - Graduate 2019
The Facilities Management team are essential to the success of our business; we touch everyone’s working life on a daily basis so that everyone has the environment they need to do their work. We aim to provide a balance between being energy efficient, effective and cost conscious whilst delivering the best working environment we can, which enables employees to work in safe, comfortable and well supported spaces.
Our work typically covers 2 main areas:
Managing and maintaining the property portfolio of MBDA UK across six geographically separate sites to meet ever changing Business needs
The provision and management of services across the various sites and will include:
- Maintenance of workspaces, buildings and grounds
- Document Management
- Service Desk Management
- Contract Cleaning
- Project Management
- Office moves
- UK site strategy
What’s the opportunity?
You could be involved in any of the following aspects of the work we do:
- Property Portfolio Planning
- Plan the utilisation of the various buildings to meet changing Business requirements
- Corporate Real Estate
- Acquisition and disposal of property
- Landlord and Tenant negotiation
- Local Authority interfaces re. Planning requirements, Building Control & Rating
- Financial Management
- Management of all indirect overhead costs associated with Property and associated Services
- Project Management
- Working with multi functional teams including FM external partners in the development of packages for the management and delivery of building refurbishments and new builds
- Contract Management
- Development, procurement and management of contracts with a wide range of external service providers involving tendering, contract negotiation and the establishment of SLA’s & KPI’s
- Asset Management
- Management and planning of all building services and fabric replacements and upgrades
- Hard & Soft Services Management
- Working in multi functional teams including a range of Facilities Management external Partners
What’s great about joining this team?
- Facilities Management is a growing discipline across the world, and within MBDA it is the heartbeat of the business. With a hive of activity, we support the core business 24 hours a day by providing pro-active positive solutions that steer the business towards its objectives.
- Every day is different, fast paced and varied, with a team that is upbeat and works together to focus on outcomes and solutions.
- Everyone in the team enjoys what they do and works hard to promote a positive culture within the team and wider organisation
Who and what we are looking for?
- To be successful, you will need strong written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to present to others.
- You will need a keen eye for detail and be able to adapt to the changing patterns and workload efficiently and with autonomy
- Demonstrate a positive, proactive approach with a can-do attitude
- Successful candidates who demonstrate a passion for facilities management, the workplace and innovating for the future will have the opportunity to progress their career within the team.
Why Work for MBDA
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement.
We work with over 90 armed forces, successfully integrating our systems onto multiple platforms.
- Has a technology pedigree that allows innovative and responsive products to be created year upon year
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- MBDA is ranked 12th in the Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For, demonstrating successful growth and high levels of employee retention.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
Starting Salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years,Joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Masters.Flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, Annual Company Bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.