McDonald's Restaurants Limited
McDonald’s is the biggest family restaurant business in the world, serving approximately 3.7 million customers a day in the UK alone. Our employees are committed to being the best they can be by always delivering a great customer experience.
McDonald’s has operated in the UK since 1974. The business is growing consistently, with our 1,250 UK restaurants and over 100,000 employees.
What makes McDonald's a great place to work?
Working for McDonald’s is more than just a job. We’re a business that aims to have a positive impact in everything we do. We offer good value, quality food and a fantastic experience for our customers. But it’s not just about the millions of meals we serve each year. It’s also about the hundreds of communities across the UK where you’ll find our restaurants, and the thousands of people who work for us. It’s about you. Whatever you want to get out of your career – with McDonald’s, you can.
If you've set your sights high, you'll want an employer who can turn your potential into reality. If you've visited our careers site, chances are you'll know we're a Times Top 100 Graduate Employer. How did we make the list? By combining training that sets an industry standard with real opportunities and great benefits.
Our commitment to our people’s learning and development was recognised in 2008 when we were awarded Investors in People ‘GOLD’ award for the first time. We have maintained this status and were re-awarded Gold status in July 2015.
Our world class people practices and employment opportunities continue to be recognised by numerous prestigious external bodies and we have been awarded the following Employment Awards;
- Investors in People – re-awarded Gold Status July 2015
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers, for last 15 years
- The Sunday Times ‘25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ listed in top 10
- Great Place to Work ‘Best Workplaces UK: Large Category’ 2007 - 2015
- Great Place to Work ‘Best Multinational Workplaces Europe’ 2010 - 2015
- School Leavers 100 – ranked 31st in 2015
- Listed as a Britain’s Top Employer 2007 – 2015
- Listed as a Top Employer in Europe
- Listed in the Guardian UK 300
- Listed as a Britain’s Most Admired Companies
Whatever you're looking for from a career, you can find it with us. We invest over £40 million in our industry leading training programme each year. Learning and development is part of our legacy and has become an integral part of our culture.
We offer our employees a culture of opportunity, equality and personal development. McDonald’s has one of the most diverse workforces in the UK, with employees aged from 16-91 years old and originating from over 100 different countries. We hire talented and ambitious individuals from all walks of life.
- McDonald’s is the world’s largest restaurant chain with more than 36,000 restaurants worldwide
- On average, McDonald’s UK serves more than 3.7 million customers a day
- More than 600 of our restaurants are now open 24/7 at least one day a week
- McDonald’s works with over 17,500 British and Irish farmers
Corporate social responsibility
As a responsible business, we play an active role in the communities in which we operate. From charity fundraising events, to daily litter picks, our restaurant teams work hard to show their support for the local community. Our grassroots football programme has provided accredited junior clubs in all corners of the UK with brand new kit and equipment to enable more children to play the nation’s favourite sport.
McDonald’s created Ronald McDonald’s House Charity, which provides free ‘home away from home’ accommodation for families with children in hospital and hospices across the UK, helping to keep family units together and encouraging families to support one another through what can be an emotionally challenging time. There are currently 14 Ronald McDonald Houses across the UK.
To find out more, please visit our website by clicking on the 'visit our careers site' link on this page
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!