McDonald's Trainee Manager Scheme
Joining the McDonald’s Trainee Manager scheme is a great way to progress within our business and fast track your career. Trainee Managers need to be logical thinkers, have a great attitude and be tenacious, energetic and hardworking. We need team leaders who see themselves managing multi-million pound businesses with an average of 80 employees.
What we look for in our future leaders
McDonald’s have identified seven key behaviours that we look for in our future leaders and which have been identified as essential in delivering ‘I’m lovin’ it’ service in our restaurants:
- Job Fit: Desire to work as part of a team, understands the job and enjoys working in a busy, thriving and friendly environment.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others and acts in ways that will support the overall success of the McDonald’s team.
- Productivity: Able to contribute to the shift productivity by bringing a positive attitude and dedication to work with them.
- Attention to Detail: Able to identify areas of opportunity and attends to critical details.
- Customer Engagement: Puts the customer first in everything they do, understanding their needs and perspectives. Goes above and beyond in order to improve the customer experience.
- Personal Interaction: Demonstrates enthusiasm and friendliness in conversations whilst communicating clearly. Is open and service minded, portraying positive body language at all times whilst at work.
- Influencing and leading others: Our future leaders will manage an average of 80 employees at an early stage in their career. The candidate will need to demonstrate leadership qualities and the ability to influence and gain buy in from both internal and external stakeholders.
Your first step in the role will be an intensive in-store 20-week Management Development Programme. This offers thorough training in the operational side of the business. You'll learn commercial skills in areas including finance, marketing, leadership and HR, and attend several courses at our Management University.
After completing the programme you’ll be a qualified Second Assistant Manager working with the management team. You’ll be setting targets, managing budgets, controlling stock as well as recruiting, training and inspiring your employees.
There are lots of opportunities to progress within the company and build your career. Almost half of our executive team started out by working in our restaurants.
Rewards and benefits
As a Trainee Manager you’ll have a starting salary of between £21,500 - £24,500. On completing the Management Development Programme you’ll be eligible for our quarterly bonus scheme. Other benefits can include:
- Six weeks holiday per annum
- Annual performance-related pay review
- Life assurance cover
- Optional contributory pension scheme
- Private healthcare for you, your spouse and any dependent children up to 21 years of age, after six months’ service
- Company car or cash alternative after six months as a Business Manager
- A paid sabbatical of eight weeks for every 10 years of service
- Employee discounts and savings from over 1,600 retailers
- Childcare vouchers
- Meal Allowance
The application process - what to expect
First, we check to see if you measure up to our basic criteria. We’re looking for graduates from any discipline, or people with relevant experience in management and customer-facing roles. After that you’ll complete an online personality questionnaire that helps tell us if we’re well suited for each other. The next step is attending a restaurant based On-Job Evaluation (OJE). This lasts a day and you get to try the job for real. Finally, you’ll have an interview with the area Operations Manager/Franchisee, who’ll discuss everything you’ve done so far and decide if we’re right for each other.
To apply for this position you’ll need to be eligible to work in the UK and have either a degree or relevant experience. All our Trainee Manager positions require you to be mobile within the geographical region you apply to.
To find out more, please click on the 'apply online' link on this page.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!