The Accredited two-year management programme revolves around four secondments of about six months each, combined with off-the-job learning from external tutors, many of whom are industry experts. In this way, every Management Trainee gains as wide an experience as possible.
The programme is open to graduates of all degree disciplines, and MDS Ltd is particularly interested in land-based, food related, life sciences, business management, marketing and languages graduates.
Candidates must show a practical, hands-on approach to management and an ability to work with, and through, others, as well as being open to change, keen to accept demanding roles and be responsible for their own learning.
Our two-year Graduate Development Training Programme combines this practical experience with 'off-the-job' learning, combined with working towards a Postgraduate Certificate in Food and Fresh Produce Management.
MDS Ltd operates a rigorous selection procedure and those who are offered a place will already show a level of business awareness, a 'hands-on' approach to getting things done and good people skills.
You should have a desire to succeed, be self-motivated and able to learn from mistakes.
We want someone who:
- understands what 'taking responsibility' really means
- is able to initiate as well as imitate and improve
- has a management style which respects the views of others
- is realistic in setting and achieving goals and targets, for themselves and others
- likes to get results with and through other people
- is sensitive in gauging a situation
- is a clear thinker and problem solver
- is innovative, using their own or the ideas of others
- recognises the need for their own and others' learning within a fast-moving business
- will contribute positively and pro-actively to new and changing situations
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!