Management Graduate Scheme
Not sure what career path is right for you?
Like the sound of a fast-paced and innovative industry?
Dead set on a career in fresh produce?
If you can answer “yes” to any of the above questions then MDS is a great place to start your career. We offer a graduate scheme with a difference in the Food and Fresh Produce industry. You won’t be stuck in one job, or even one company for the duration of the scheme; you’ll be moved around different roles in various business over two years gaining much sought after experience. At the end of the programme you will have built up the skills, knowledge, confidence and contacts to secure yourself a challenging role within the industry.
More about the industry
Ever wondered how your chips made it to your plate? Or how blueberries are transported half way across the world to end up on supermarket shelves? The Fresh Produce industry is the driving force behind these supply chains. Often overshadowed by supermarkets and food manufacturers, the food and fresh produce industry is like the behind the scenes production team of a Hollywood film: you know it is there but what it actually does is a mystery to many. The truth is that it is varied, wide-reaching and, most importantly, absolutely fundamental to the survival of modern societies.
The industry is a buzzing assortment of procurement, new product development, agronomy, finance, engineering, production, commercial, HR and many, many more opportunities. The MDS graduate scheme is the gateway to this exciting industry.
What’s in it for you?
- Four different roles with real responsibility within member companies across the UK, with the possibility of overseas roles
- Valuable experience within a fast-paced and innovative industry which is actively seeking fresh talent
- 27 formal training days from renowned training providers such as Cranfield School of Management and IGD
- Access to an extensive network of companies and industry contacts
- Personal mentoring from MDS staff and secondment managers at all placements to support you throughout the programme
- Excellent and diverse career prospects. Farm Manager, Agronomist, Marketing specialist or Procurement Manager: the opportunities are endless!
Who are we looking for?
- People with strong interpersonal skills who are capable of inspiring and leading others
- Highly motivated individuals with a thirst for the challenge of a rapidly evolving industry
- Resilient and flexible candidates who are prepared to relocate every six months
- A passion for pursuing a career in the food industry
- A 2.1 degree or above in any discipline, although a 2.2 may be considered
The scheme is open to graduates of all degree disciplines, although we are particularly interested in land-based, food related, life sciences, business management, marketing and languages graduates.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!