Web Analytics Summer Internship
- Eight-week insight to our world of Google Analytics
- Intensive training, client work
- Opportunity to fast-track into our Graduate Scheme
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a tool which businesses use to understand the performance of their digital marketing and website performance. It can be used to simply report on what is happening but is far more valuable when used to drive insight that can be used to improve what that organisation is doing. In addition to Google Analytics, the Analytics team at Merkle | Periscopix uses further complementary tools in order to even better understand users and their behaviour on the website, for example surveys or session recording.
What you’ll be doing?
As an Analytics Intern, you will complete Merkle | Periscopix’s comprehensive training programme, which includes classroom style instruction and on-the-job application to learn our proprietary tools. You will receive hands on experience with a client account as you learn to develop a measurement plan and then design and deploy a tracking solution to deliver the data to meet that plan.
As a member of a client team, you will provide valuable support by fulfilling activities such as Google Analytics account configuration (goals, filters and advanced segments), Google Tab Manager container set up (tags, triggers, variables) and potentially activities within Google Data Studio and other platforms within the Google Analytics 360 Suite. You will also support clients in their usage of the data you generate.
A mentorship programme is included, providing the Intern with an experienced Analytics Consultant who serves as mentor and coach. Upon completion of the internship, there is an opportunity to directly secure a place on our graduate scheme.
- Complete the training programme and assist your client team on their account(s)
- Participate in a 4 week Analytics Challenge
- Receive one-on-one mentorship from an experienced Analytics Consultant
- Successfully pass the exam to obtain the Google Analytics Individual Qualification (GAIQ)
- Attend weekly meetings, training sessions and one-on-ones with your mentor and client manager
- Develop knowledge of key metrics to identify and recommend changes for increasing the performance of a client’s website or marketing campaigns
- Develop and apply knowledge of GA tracking methodologies and the associated technologies
- Embrace and encourage a culture based on team work, collaboration, and intellectual curiosity
- Present to your fellow interns in the final week on a subject you will be briefed on when you join.
What we’re looking for
We’d love for bright, passionate and friendly students to join our Internship Programme!
The skills we’re looking for candidates to demonstrate are:
Must have strong grades, both accomplished and predicted
- Must be patient, hard-working and eager to learn
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone, write clear emails and memos and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Must be well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs
- Ability to balance high-quality standards with schedule pressures and the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Must have a strong grasp of numbers, be comfortable with simple statistics, and be interested in learning the ins and outs of online marketing
- A baseline knowledge of digital industry trends is preferred
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!