Digital Strategy Lead
Managing a portfolio of top tier clients that operate across multiple service departments (Search, Programmatic, Paid Social and Web Analytics etc.), the Digital Media Planner is responsible for ensuring alignment and strategic development of integrated marketing initiatives to meet client marketing and business objectives. It is key for the Digital Media Planner to have the ability to understand key consumer insights to advise and execute enterprise digital solutions leveraging appropriate marketing channels.
- Leads the development and management of effective integrated media plans.
- Maintains a good working relationship with the client’s roster of agencies throughout the planning and delivery of the campaign, in particular the creative agency/resource to make sure the advertising is placed correctly and on time.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships by positioning Merkle | Periscopix as strategic partner.
- Maintains a strategic overview of accounts, proactively advises client and feedback to team to ensure strategic direction is tactically executed.
- Both inspires and challenges the client with innovative and digital-first marketing solutions.
- Ensures effective communication across internal teams, with the client, media owners and agency partners.
- Maintains a detailed awareness of relevant media research and new opportunities within different media channels.
- Recognises new media & growth opportunities to support agency up-sell capabilities.
- Thought leadership, putting forward new topics of interest.
- Develops media objectives, strategies, plans & presentations in line with business objectives.
- Creates and presents media plan proposals, including timings and cost breakdowns with full justification of channel to be used.
- Liaises with internal research teams to collate market and customer insight to support and justify media laydown.
- Liaises with internal research team to analyse data trends and client performance to develop solid strategic media plans.
- Works with channel leads to ensure optimal resource across clients.
- Works with channel leads to support channel level targets.
- Works with media team to periodically review media laydown.
- Initiates stakeholder planning ensuring relevant participation and contribution.
- Liaises with media owners to position Merkle | Periscopix at the forefront of digital first practice.
- Works directly with Merkle | Periscopix new business team to assist in RFP and media plan recommendations as part of sales/on-boarding process.
- Develops case study material for external and internal circulation, showcasing effective integrated marketing strategies.
- Experience in digital marketing or planning, working client side or agency.
- Excel at building relationships, both internally and with C level clients.
- A good understanding of different marketing capabilities and what they offer the client and customer, including; Search Marketing, Analytics, Display, Social etc.
- Good working knowledge of ATL and OOH marketing initiatives.
- Ability to drive results and collaborate with major customers.
- Able to demonstrate strategic marketing experience as well as the ability to adopt a hands-on approach when necessary.
- Strong understanding of multi-channel marketing, ensure digital is fully embedded in all initiatives.
- Possession of excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of project management.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!