Web Analyst (Adobe Specialist)
Our web analytics team is a rapidly expanding part our business and one of the most established and highly respected in the UK. We work with a broad range of clients from any sector you could imagine. On any given day, you could be working with a global ecommerce brand in the morning and a local services consultancy in the afternoon.
As part of Merkle we partner closely with Adobe and are looking to develop our own capabilities in the Marketing Cloud with specific emphasis on the implementation of the Analytics product. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a large part in developing these capabilities and will instantly be an important and significant part of the team.
This is a fast-paced role that will never leave you sitting around twiddling your thumbs! Day to day activities will cover the full spectrum of technical web analytics work and will include a strong measure of client/project management:
- Working with clients to define their measurement strategies
- Translating those strategies into tracking and reporting configurations
- Working with the client’s developers to deploy robust data layers
- Implementing tagging solutions to meet the tracking requirements
- Developing scripts and plugins to solve ad-hoc tracking issues
- Improving internal techniques, processes and quality assurance
- Day to day account management and written and face to face contact with clients
In addition, the role will offer the opportunity to:
- Provide actionable insights to clients via your own analysis of their data
- Work with different APIs, reporting and visualisation platforms
- Become an internal advocate of Adobe Analytics and help upskill both our existing Analytics Solutions and Media Insights teams
This means that a typical day will tend to have a good balance of coding, writing, talking, teaching, data and learning new stuff.
The development of our technical capabilities and thought leadership within the Adobe Analytics space will be a critical part of the role. Having said that, there will be the opportunity to work with/learn about the Google Analytics 360 Suite if desired. After all, we are currently the largest Sales Partner for the 360 Suite in the UK!
This is an Adobe Analytics focussed role and an in-depth knowledge of the platform is required, with a specific focus on tracking and reporting configuration. Ideally, this would include robust Dynamic Tag Manager capabilities. Good communications skills are crucial.
To support this knowledge, a background in the following would be expected:
- Fundamentals of tracking and tagging for marketing and measurement
- Tag management systems
- HTML & CSS
A strong understanding of the wider Adobe Marketing Cloud suite of products would be a nice to have, with experience deploying Adobe Analytics via Tealium also desirable.
Essentially, we’re looking for a highly motivated, highly skilled self-starter, who is desperate to play a significant role in the development of our Adobe Analytics proposition. If you think you fit this description, then do feel free to blow your own trumpet and show us why you should be part of our great team.
At the time of starting their employment the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK.
We offer competitive salaries depending on experience and an excellent package including 25 days’ holiday, a mobile phone and a company pension scheme.
Unfortunately, at the moment we cannot support visa applications so you must have permission to work in the UK before applying.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!