The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK; we have made several acquisitions, secured incredible new premises and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
Merkle is looking to introduce a UX Manager to join its Digital Experience team to lead the UX design and delivery for creating digital experiences for clients. In creating best in class work, Merkle looks to use data to personalise experiences, and balance design with performance.
The role entails working across Strategy, UX and UI design disciplines, to create high performance digital experiences. Including customer journey mapping, site maps, high fidelity UI designs, wireframes, interactive prototypes & usability testing.
Whilst in parallel developing a team of Digital Experience producers, and co-ordinating resources across development, content and other agency teams to deliver effective experiences that improve business performance.
Life as a UX Lead at Merkle
- Work across a diverse range of projects, clients and industries
- Deliver across the full UX spectrum of strategy, insight, innovation, creation, testing and optimisation
- Understand consumer needs, perform competitive analysis, user testing and develop insight to aid in the development of the digital experience strategy and inform design decisions
- Visualise concepts to represent user journeys, personas, goals and information models
- Conceptualize and develop design solutions, wireframes and interactive prototypes to depict proposed functionality to customers. Ensure solutions are robust, well thought out and that design decisions have been based on best practice, facts and evidence
- Interface with clients, lead and develop a team, guide developers and project managers in all aspects of design and UX processes
- Work with optimisation teams and data specialists to develop testing and optimisation plans to further improve designs
- Further enhance your knowledge and experience with training, conferences, events.
What we are looking for in you
- UX specialist with experience and passion for delivering high quality digital experiences across websites & apps, including personalised data driven experiences.
- Strong IA and visual design work experience which can be demonstrated through examples of relevant best in class work, developed whilst at comparable roles within a leading brand, design and build agency and/or management consultancy.
- Educated to degree level, ideally with relevant degree - HCI, business, psychology, computer science or design.
- Highly competent in core web design, with a strong background in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps.
- Experience with mapping user stories, customer journeys and research as part of the design process. Including but not limited to desk research, user testing, A/B & multi-variant testing.
- Competent in the use of leading wireframe / prototyping tools such as Axure, UXPin, Invision.
- Understanding and experience of working in software development lifecycles and with agile development processes is essential
- Previous team management and resourcing experience required along with leading projects that require co-ordination across cross functional teams to deliver.
- General business management experience also required on managing budgets, leading client engagements, team management.
- Commercially aware with an understanding of ROI and online marketing metrics.
- Excellent communication and presentation skill, and comfortable leading stakeholder workshops and influencing clients
What’s in it for You?
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in Europe is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading and award-winning company. We value the knowledge and expertise that can be added to our workforce at senior levels – there’s also plenty of opportunity to continue developing your skill set.
As well as excellent growth and development opportunities, we have a fantastic work environment. We’re based by London Bridge / Bermondsey where we have a modern, bright, open-planned office which has an approachable atmosphere. There’s a games room downstairs where you can find a pool table and ping pong - there’s always someone ready to challenge you to a game. We also have perks such as the Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans.
Merkle | Periscopix are proud to have consistently featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!