Office Assistant/ Receptionist
Merkle is a rapidly growing company, as such, it’s important that we have a top Front of House team in place to keep our offices running smoothly. You will be based between our London offices in Bermondsey and St Katharine Docks – a 10-minute walk between the two. You will be a key member of the team working with the Head of Facilities and Front of House team to ensure the efficient running of the offices, as well as being the main point of contact on reception.
Life as a Office Assistant/Receptionist at Merkle
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- The main point of contact on reception including meeting and greeting all visitors.
- Answering the mainline phone number and directing calls accordingly.
- Maintaining and organising over 41 meeting rooms and a large auditorium across both sites which includes daily meeting room checks, prepping meeting rooms and organising lunch deliveries for various meetings.
- Working with all levels of staff and cross departments to ensure smooth running of the offices.
- Management and maintenance of the office environment, identifying and organising repairs/maintenance/cleaning etc.
- Liaising with IT, being the first point of call to assist with minor IT issues.
- Setting up of new employee desks ensuring all day one equipment is ready before they arrive.
- Working with marketing to update the company website and new joiner profiles.
- Administrative support for wider office teams.
- Co-ordinating deliveries and post for all departments.
- Support in the organisation of company events e.g. Social activities (monthly socials and company-wide lunches), large group meetings, celebrations etc.
- Stock taking and ordering of office supplies.
- Assisting with travel arrangements for all staff.
We envisage the successful individual quickly becoming a highly valued asset within the organisation, with recognition by staff at all levels. Previous individuals in this role have successfully progressed and developed within our business. This is an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a rapidly growing organisation with the ability for the right candidate to flourish.
The salary bracket for this role is £18,000 - £21,000.
What we are looking for in you
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, who can really hit the ground running as they’ll have a solid base of experience in an office assistant or receptionist role already. Previous experience working in an office environment essential.
We’re a friendly bunch and we hope you are too! You’ll be the face of our organisation for all people stepping through our front doors, it’s therefore essential you’re a natural at meeting and greeting all visitors into our office. You will be working closely with the Head of Facilities. An open-minded approach and readiness to tackle any challenge, no matter how big or small, is important. You must be someone who’s able to think on their feet and strive in a busy environment.
As the role is varied and fast paced, you’ll be highly organised with a “can do” attitude. You will be a key member of the team and first point of contact for staff as well as visitors. As no day will ever be the same you will need to be exceptionally organised, extremely proactive and a real self-starter not afraid to use your initiative!
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK and across EMEA. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work.
Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Merkle | Periscopix are proud to have consistently featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For. We take great pride in this as it’s awarded as a result of employee feedback – we’re committed to maintaining a positive and enjoyable workplace.
Remember to mention TARGETjobs when contacting employers!